Friday, November 30, 2012

Fit, Fabulous, 40's

Yes, I will admit it, I am in my 40's!


Actually, I'm well into my 40's, fit and feeling fabulous!

 Just finished the Long Beach 1/2 Marathon, 
my first one!


Once a week I'll be posting some fitness information, inspiration or nutrition education to help anyone who is still on the fitness journey to become just a little stronger, leaner or trying to eat a little cleaner.
I have tried to make this blog more about motherhood and my faith, 
but fitness is a large part of my life, too.

I want to thank Lynn, who has encouraged me to put this part of me "out here"
and another friend I recently spoke to at the gym who was basically
the straw that broke the camel's back.

Not that this is a negative thing,
I just haven't really had a lot of confidence in this area
even though I have made major transformations in
my mind
&
my body
through fitness and nutrition.

 I do have my other blog but it is difficult to keep more than one blog current
so this is an experiment.



I'm no super-model, model, or anything close,
but I have come a heck of a long way, 
from a chubby (remember that was the PC word for "Fattie"in the 70's) scared little girl, 
to a
Samurai.

What happened as I changed my mentality from hating my body to loving my body,
I changed my BODY IMAGE and in the process, 
the IMAGE of my body changed! 
Funny how they actually happened at the same time!
 No coincidence, for sure.


I hate taking pics of myself but I want you to see that I do work hard!

Anyhow, I will put in a workout or a video of something I have found helpful or educational, 
or just add my 2 little cents to whatever you are doing, fitness and health-wise.
Hope you get something out of it!

There are also a ton of great fitness/health blogs out there that inspire me!

Here are a few I follow and read regularly:
 Chocolate Covered Katie: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
Kristin @ Stuft Mama: http://stuftmama.com/
Jess @ The blonde ponytail: http://blondeponytail.com/
Lindsay's list: http://lindsayslist.com
Fit Fluential: http://fitfluential.com/
Brad Gouthro Fitness: http://www.bradgouthrofitness.com/


As Dori said in "Nemo",
"just keep swimming, just keep swimming",
and 
it's my mantra:
"Just keep moving, just keep moving!"



Have a FUNtastic Friday and weekend!

What are some FUN things you do for exercise?
DO SHARE!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wonderful progress and success! I love your motto. You are an inspiration. :)

    I love to walk for exercise - it just feels so good to get out and move! I also use weights for toning and even throw some regular push ups in there for good measure.

    Glad you shared with us!

    Have a great weekend,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I'm blushing!
      Our bodies begin changing and I hope to challenge or inspire anyone out there who may think that it's too late, as it is NEVER too late!
      I'm impressed at your routine! Keep it up!
      Thanks so much for stopping by and
      have a great weekend, too!
      Janet

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I LOVE happy, healthy, sparkly comments!