Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11th...

I remember that day, still.

My girlfriend Gina called at 6ish a.m. and said, "Turn on the T.V.!"
This is what I saw.

One of the Twin Towers was hit
and
the next one was about to be hit by the airplane in the background.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
It was as if I was watching a movie,
this was NOT real,
oh,
but it was.

I just remember tears streaming down my face.
I felt so helpless,
watching as people began jumping from the first tower that was hit.

As I remember it now, my stomach actually turns.
My eyes are watering, 
taking me back to that moment.

Pure EVIL in human form,
taking innocent people to their death on the airplane,
 death in the Towers,
death on the ground.

War,
on our ground.

And even though it was on the other side of the nation,
I felt as if I was there,
as many bystanders were watching,
horrified,
helpless,
hopeless.

Then, the 2nd plane hit.

Speechless.

More tears, 
weeping.

News of the 3rd plane,
heading towards the Pentagon.

Wait,
something happened.

EVIL was overtaken by GOOD.
The plan turned,
what happened?

Someone had the courage to step in and face that Evil.
Others joined
and although they all fell to their death,
many others were saved.

I just wanted to remember this day.
It changed our nation,
communities
and 
neighborhoods 
forever.

It changed me.

We are in a battle, friends.
A battle of Good and Evil that is
REAL.

And I'm glad that God is on my side.

God promises to bring something good
out of every heart break,
hurt,
loss.

We have hope in HIM.








I am so grateful to live in this beautiful county,
that was built on GOD.

What about you?

What are you grateful for today?

Be blessed-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I LOVE happy, healthy, sparkly comments!