Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer....




Summer has been SO AWESOME!


This summer we have:

traveled on an airplane, taxi, party bus, boat, pulled on a tube in the bay, driven by car & truck, motorcycle, walked, rode bikes, scooters, boogie boards, and waves.

We've been through the air, on land and in the sea.

We have one more trip left.

But, I'm TIRED!


What about you?






How are you holding up this summer?


Do you enjoy NOT having regular routine
or not?



I LOVE SUMMER,
however,

I LOVE the fact that when summer ends,

school begins.


A schedule and a routine are good things.

Getting up and having breakfast,
a good thing.

Going to school for the 3 R's,
a good thing.

Homework,
a good thing.

Going to sleep at "bedtime",
a good thing,
actually,
a GREAT thing!


Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.




Tell me how you are feeling about Summer
coming to an end...

Is it about time to be done or
do you want some more?

What time is it for YOU?







2 comments:

  1. You know, it's really weird when your kids are all grown up - summer comes and goes, and I don't notice it the same way without the school year looming at the end of it! I kinda miss that. I felt more of a sense of the seasons that way.

    I've never thought I was a person who liked routine, but you made me think about it. And yes, I have my own little *ways* about how I do things!

    So, do I like routine? Yes, the part that gives me security and comfort. When it turns into a rut? NO! Not so much - don't like being bored.

    Am I tired? Hey, you saw me this morning...don't I look tired????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet -

    Thank you for this thought provoking post. Gives me some things to ponder...

    Love that cartoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I LOVE happy, healthy, sparkly comments!