Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Field Trip- Something to do in the O.C..




Today I took the children to the Lyon Air Museum. It is in Santa Ana and backs up to the John Wayne Airport.
My girlfriend Tre-Tre found it and suggested we take the children there. She has an 11 year old son and a 1 year old girl, and I have of course, the 2 boys and my 11 year old daughter.

I'm not the kind of girl who says,
"Hey, let's go to see some vintage airplanes" in my spare time.
I'm more the kind of girl who says,
"Hey, let's go to see some vintage purses, shoes or jewelry" in my spare time!

But, I do consider myself the type of mom who is always looking for an educational, fun, learning experience, and usually willing to try things at least once.

As we drove up, I began getting excited.
I didn't know what to expect and I was excited by the fact that my 10 year old would LOVE IT! He is my little soldier and loves anything to do with war, shooting, fighting, guns and missiles. I am convinced he will be a Jar Head like his grandpa or maybe go into law enforcement just to have the opportunity to carry and/or shoot a real gun!



It was great- very small, so we were there only an hour 1/2. There were vintage planes, cars and motorcycles.
They even had Hitler's personal Mercedes...SCARY!
(YIKES!)



The cost was worth it-
General Admission------$8
Ages 5-17 -----------$4
And they have docents to take you on the little tour...we had Herb, who is a former pilot.


The museum has only been open for a few months and it was pretty empty, but worth visiting.
They also have ongoing movies for the children to watch and learn about each exhibit.

I would highly recommend going- educational, fun and worth the trip!

Thank you Major General William Lyon for preserving these beautiful vehicles and also for preserving this time in history!
I salute you!

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! I never knew that museum was there! The hub and I will have to go check it out someday. Great pictures - and, by the way, the kids are adorable. I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I LOVE happy, healthy, sparkly comments!