Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Moody Roller Coaster

Okay- is it just me or are ALL women's moods like a Roller Coaster?
Not any roller coaster, but a good one, like SPACE MOUNTAIN!

The last time I went on Space Mountain at Disneyland was about 6 months ago.
My looooooong time friend (from Kindergarten!) me and my kids into Disneyland.
They all wanted to ride Space Mountain.......even Logan,
who is scared of anything dark, fast and unknown!

So we went.....and this roller coaster is amazing, unpredictable and wild.......
kind of like my moods!

You take off going slowly and smoothly.....kind of like the start of any new day.

Your cart is taken up an incline.....clink, clink, clink....
then all of a sudden you are whizzing downward in the dark.

Who knows what turns and dips you are about to encounter and experience....at any moment you could be jolted to the left, slapped to the right or out of no-where, you are falling and can't see when this craziness will end!
Kind of like my moods!

One day I can be totally Joyful and Peaceful and feel the presence of the Holy Spirit just pulsing through my body, then the next day... something might hit me and all of a sudden I'm thrown to the right or pulled to left into a pit of tears or worse yet, a dark tunnel of sorrow.

I do want to give myself and any other woman out there who may be dealing with
Pre-menopause......
need I say more?
Ha ha!

I also want to give myself and any other woman out there who may be doing the Lord's work....why?
Because there is a Spiritual Battle...and The Evil one is totally messing with our heads.

Let's focus on the LORD and HIS POWER...

But Alas, tomorrow is a NEW day, in fact, it will be a new hour, so I can rejoice and be glad!

Rejoice: to take joy in or give joy to

This is the day that the Lord has made,
Let us REJOICE and be glad in it!
Psalm 118:24

Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:5

And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know suffering produces perseverance;
perseverance character;
and
character,hope.
Romans 5:2

"Halleluja!"
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!
Revelation 19:6-7






3 comments:

  1. It's just you...NOT!

    We ALL suffer from these mood swings, buddy. Pre-menopause is rough territory. (Menopause is not much better - and you can't use hormones as an excuse anymore!!!)

    I really loved your story about Space Mountain. You KNOW how I love my "word pictures!" (I love that roller coaster, btw). Yes, all of us get so tossed around by life. We're up and down, fast and slow, left and right - one moment we're in God's "spiritual groove" and the next thing we know, POW - we're hit with something else that sends us reeling.

    However, as you have so wisely said, FOCUS is the key in this battle we fight. Putting aside our FEELINGS to remember the FACTS of our faith - God has promised to be with us always, nothing can separate us from His love, He will bring good out of all circumstances, and one day we will be with Him FOREVER!

    Those thoughts give me reason to REJOICE! Great selection of Scripture passages - they were perfect!

    Love you, friend. And know that I sit next to you in that roller coaster - closing my eyes on some parts, feeling nauseous around the curves, terrified and exhilarated all at the same time! WOO HOO!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's not just you and yes thank God for a brand new day everyday!!! I was thinking about that this morning how I blew it again yesterday with being so defensive in my responses with my hubby, I thought why can't I just be neutral instead of full of emotion? Yet, it's true focus on God's power and not our own and that he is the one working in us on a daily basis. Maybe somedays I am moving steady and other times my emotions can be like a roller coaster, constantly working to tame them, thank you for keeping real! Thank God for his daily mercy!!! luv u! Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, for affirming that I am NOT crazy!
    We have to constantly re-focus on GOD and pray for that hedge of protection DAILY!
    Love you gals!!!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I LOVE happy, healthy, sparkly comments!