Sunday, January 23, 2011

Looking Forward to What Lies Ahead!

(Thank you, Julie @ Joy's Hope)

I LOVE this verse...the perfect verse to start the very first month of a brand new year!

I am taking a bible study and we are learning about Paul, the author of this verse.

Paul was not your ordinary man, but in many ways, I guess he was.
When I first read about Paul (he was originally named Saul) I learned that he was:
Prideful
Arrogant,
Hateful,
Selfish,
Ambitious,
Righteous,
Intense,
Cowardly,
Religious,
Intellectual,
Closed Minded,
Indignant.

After his meeting with the risen Christ, he was:
CHANGED!
Grateful,
Selfless,
LOVING,
FORGIVEN,
Committed,
Surrendered,
Intentional,
Purposeful,
Obedient,
Fearless,
Encouraging,
Strong,
Peaceful,


Paul is speaking to the Philippians and to all the believers everywhere.
Can you imagine that he is writing this note from a prison in Rome?

I want to be like Paul.

He is able to find JOY,
REAL JOY,
WHATEVER the circumstance...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a bad year last year, okay, I'll say it.
I had a CRAPPY year!

Among other losses, my father passed.

I had a pretty good pity-party.
Party for 3?
Me, myself and I!

I have lots of reasons to continue in my pity party, but this verse says to
STOP!


I MUST...

FOCUS...

ALL..
my...
ENERGIES..

on what... lies...

AHEAD!
(now try that with a William Shatner imitation)


How do I do this?

By spending time refueling with the LORD,
through prayer and reading...
letting HIS WORD
sink in....
deep...
within my head,
heart
and
soul.

I must FOCUS on His HOPE...

"Those who HOPE in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint".
Isaiah 40:31

I must FOCUS on HIM...

"Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Romans 12: 1-2

What do you need to FOCUS on?








.

1 comment:

  1. There are many things I need to focus on - but if I had to pick, I'd say that focusing on how much God knows me and loves me would be at the top of the list.

    If I can just BELIEVE in my deepest heart that ALL things work together for good - I'd have such an easier time. My fears would subside, and I would be able to experience the deep peace of trust.

    Working on it, my friend!

    Great post - and I have a feeling that THIS year is going to be so much better!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I LOVE happy, healthy, sparkly comments!