Sunday, May 2, 2010

..............................Comfort from GOD

I had the pleasure of speaking with the MOPS group at Yorba Linda Presbyterian Church last Wednesday night. God is so GOOD!
I have to admit that I wasn't as prepared as usual since we changed the topic at the last minute. I felt a little insecure (I always do, but more than usual) since I didn't have as much time reviewing my talk, but I knew I had to lay that down at the lord's feet and TRUST in HIM...
.
My whole reason for speaking at MOPS is to encourage, spur on and cheer on these Moms. GOD is FAITHFUL and DEPENDABLE!
In spite of myself, he uses me. I show up and there is a puppet show that goes on with the LORD being the puppeteer... have you ever felt like that? If not, it is strange and sometimes I don't even remember what I said at the end of the talk.....
I was personally touched by one mom's vulnerability and tears. She was craving friendship- deeper friendships.
Life is hard, even with the loving God we have, can I hear an "AMEN"? I don't believe that being a Christian means that all of a sudden, everything comes to us, things are easy and we are abundantly blessed in every area of our life....on the contrary. When we say "YES" to the Lord, we give HIM permission to work in us and through us and many times that means growth....and growth hurts. It may mean having a time, a long, long time in the desert so that we learn to depend on him and not others for whatever our needs have been...it may also not be temporary, but a lifetime challenge that we will be facing on a daily basis.
What has helped me get through the HUGE LOSS of a friend and father has been my faith, my hope and my surrender to the one who made me. I can't rest in my dad's arms anymore, but I have a Father in heaven who holds me with his ever encompassing arms to reassure me and love me:

The lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastres,
he leads me to quiet waters,
HE RESTORES MY SOUL.
Psalm 23 goes on...
Your rod and your staff they comfort me....

No one has been able to comfort me, not my husband, friends, shopping, eating, exercise, nothing, except when I finally surrendered my hurt in my heart to HIM.

I hope you find comfort today, wherever you are, in whatever you are doing, with knowledge that God, our Father, loves you, wants to embrace you, lead you and comfort you.

1 comment:

  1. At my 1st defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Getiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lions mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. 2 Timothy 4:16-1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I LOVE happy, healthy, sparkly comments!